Saturday, August 22, 2009

Adaptation

Warning: If you see me in my car in a parking lot, don't look; just keep walking. My car has become my staging ground. Since I started back to work three weeks ago, I have discovered that the car is an excellent place to cry. I didn't plan it that way. It just turned out to be a place of solitude and reflection. So now, after weeks of repairing tear-stained streaks, I delay putting on makeup until I reach the parking lot. There, I can both pull and put myself together before joining my colleagues.

2 comments:

Sheena LaShay said...

its been raining all week in chicago. if my myth on the concept of rain is correct, the earth is crying a lot these days.

Michelle said...

I can offer 2 tips. Tint your car windows and wear waterproof mascara. These two things have saved me from many weird stares.
Hugs & love